Daniell's lower field
Daniell's Lower Field
Now occupied by Danielsfield Road
Daniell's Lower Field, named for the Daniell family of Yeovil, was a long field bounded by West Coker Road to the north, Turners Barn Lane to the south, Daniell's Higher Field (Parcel 724) to the west and Hooper's Higher Field (Parcel 726) to the east.
measuring 3a 3r
30p. It noted
that draper and
was the owner
and it was
weaver of East
As seen in the aerial photograph of 1946 below, at this time the former Daniell's Lower Field was completely occupied by the houses and gardens of Danielsfield (with just one 'l') Road running down the centre of the former field, as it remains today.
MAPs & Aerial Photographs
Map based on the 1842 Tithe Map with field names added from the 1846 Tithe Award. Daniell's Lower Field is at centre.
The 1842 Tithe Map superimposed over a modern map of the area. Although the field boundaries do not align precisely, remember that the 1849 survey was undertaken by hand using primitive surveying equipment.
The 1946 aerial photograph with West Coker Road running from centre left to centre top and Dorchester Road running from top centre down to bottom right of centre. The former Daniell's Lower Field is at centre, completely filled with the houses and gardens of Danielsfield Road which runs down the centre of the former field.
The modern satellite image shows the former Daniell's Lower Field at centre, now completely occupied by the houses and gardens of Danielsfield Road running down the centre of the former field. The rest of the image has been lightened to make Hooper's Lower Field stand out.